Sunday, 4 March 2012

E.L.F Haul!

Happy Sunday everyone, even if the weather is less than cheery here in South London!

Known for their speedy delivery and cheap cosmetics, I have purchased more from E.L.F (www.eyeslipsface.co.uk)  for those who have never checked it out. It's great if you are looking for cheap but decent quality products!

So this time I bought the following:



STUDIO Range Stipple Brush- £.3.50


I have longed for one of these brushes for ages, for my kit and so when I saw it on the website I thought it was a must to buy it! The Taklon brush can be used with wet or dry products and can be used in many ways; from applying foundation to highlighting. The brush has two layers of bristles, short black hairs and longer white hairs to pick up more product and evenly buff it into the skin. You can blend in for a sheer to heavy coverage or apply with a stippling motion for a more concentrated colour. I am quite happy with this brush and at £3.50 you can't really go wrong. Obviously the quality isn't the same as a MAC or Bobbi Brown brush but I haven't had any hairs fall out from it so far and it has been washed multiple times!

STUDIO Range Tinted Moisturiser in Almond for medium to dark skin with yellow undertones-£3.50


Blended

 As a fan of You Rebel Tinted Moisturiser, I needed to buy a new one as mine is running out but decided to give this one a go to see how it compared. I bought shade 'Almond' which is stated to be for medium to dark skin tones with a yellow undertone. The moisturiser has SPF 20, which is great for use on holiday and also contains Aloe vera, Cucumber and Vitamins A, C & E which are all great for the skin with their soothing and protecting properties. As expected, the tinted moisturiser provides a sheer coverage and easily blends into the skin. However, due to the product being bought online, the colour isn't always as expected. In the photo it appears to be a match but on my face it  actually has quite a pink undertone , contrary to its 'yellow undertone' description which has disappointed me. However, if you do get the right colour match I do feel it is a good tinted moisturiser for the price and would recommend it.

Mineral Lipstick in Natural Nymph- £3.50





For ages, I have been looking for the perfect nude lipstick to suit my skin tone and unfortunately this wasn't the one for me. From ELF's Mineral range, this lipstick has no parabens, preservatives or chemical dyes and provides a creamy, matte texture . Unfortunately, the shade is definitley too light for me and gives me more of a 'near death' look than a pretty nude lip! However, I would recommend this lip shade to fairer skins as I feel it would definitely give a great nude lip, after a few applications- as the pigmentation isn't fabulous.

Any nude lipstick recommendations for tanned skin tones?

Katie xoxo


19 comments:

  1. I've watched e.l.f's website so many times and there are so many products I wanna buy, but somehow I am always hesitating. I'm sure in the future I will purchase something from e.l.f
    Nice review btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) I definatley think you should give it a try!! x

      Delete
  2. Try these :)
    Rimmel - Nude Delight + Spotlight Beige
    Mac - Hue, Creme D'Nude, Creme Cup, Lovelorn and Angel
    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alot! Ill give them a try x

      Delete
  3. love that lipstick! I agree with Natasha in recommending MAC's "creme d'nude"!

    xo alicia
    http://www.aliciadoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def loving that lip stick color!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thank you! I will check yours out too. Its just too light on me I think! xx

      Delete
  5. That's such a pretty shade though :(

    but I definitely agree with MAC's Hue or Creme D'Nude or even try Inglot's 266.

    lovely blog xx
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just not on me! But it is a nice shade:) Ohh Mac Creme d'nude has had a lot of recommendations lets hope thats not too light! thank you x x

      Delete
  6. I love the lipstick, it's amazing! and the brush is the best brush I have in my collection! It's worth buying!!

    I love your blog, it's awesome so I'm now following it=)
    Hugs<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the brush is pretty good isnt it! :) Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  7. Love the lipstick!!!!!!

    amandinaa.blogspot.com - would love it if you had a look - i'm new :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would look great on you! I will do :) x

      Delete
  8. I love ELF products, I feel like they are of great quality and SUPER affordable! I am dying to try that brush!!! I just came across your blog and I am glad I did...I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definatley give it a whirl, the foundation brush by ELF is good too! Thanks for following will follow back as who could resis, beauty on a budget buys!! x

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love ELF make up, there just lovely price/quality! I'm placing my order tomorrow! :D Like your blog, I'm following you now!
    xoxo

    http://drunkonstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know theyre great!! I want to try VIVO makeup next!!

      Thanks, shall check out yours :) xx

      Delete