Friday, 10 February 2012

How I Do My Brows & Brow Mapping

Hi girls,

In this post
 I am going to run you through how I do my brows, with pictures! ( Never before seen- me without my brow make-up so be ready!!) and also how map your brows so they look professionally shaped.

 
So 2011 saw the rise of the brows, as beautifully arched and defined brows, filled to perfection became more and more popular. Some call it the scousebrow, some call it the Croydon brow- I call it the Kimmy K brow and the way I see it as long as you have great brows you can't go wrong. I would never go out without filling my brows because as you are about to witness, my brows are not up to scratch with my dark brown hair, they seem to appear invisible (especially to my boyfriend who needs glasses!!)  no matter how much I grow them they're just not full enough.  I use Benefits Browzings set in Medium because even though I have dark brown hair, the dark shade comes out very dark and so I would only suggest that to those with darker skins or with black hair. Plus , the colour is buildable so you get the shade you want. If you don't fancy splurging £22.50 you can also buy the exact dupe from Sleek for 6.99!! The sets both come with a wax,powder, mini tweezers,mirror and two mini brushes for application. However I use my own Angled brow brush as the handle is longer and so easier to use!


SPLURGE: Benefit Brow Zings Set- £22.50
SAVE: Sleek Brow Kit-£7.99
 They are eerily similar , right?!

Benefit's Brow Zings come in three shades- Light, Medium and Dark
Sleeks Brow Kit comes in two shades- Light and Dark

Application:

 
Brow Mapping

First things first, whether you are lucky enough to not need to fill your brows and just need to tweeze them into shape or like me you need a little extra help. The shape is important. No matter how thick you like your brows, the shape and proportions should be right.

In the picture above, I have marked out how to ensure your brows are the right shape and start where the should etc.

Red Line- This line shows where your brow should start, to avoid looking like you have a monobrow approaching or having a huge space between your brows. The start of your brow should line up with the edge of your nostril. You could use the end of a eyeshadow brush to check this or something long like a pencil, orange wood stick etc.

Green Line- You brow arch should roughly be at the outer edge of your iris.

Yellow Line- Most people make the mistake of having really short brows, don't do it! Your brow should end at a diagonal to the outer corner of your eye and edge of your nostril ,as shown.


My brows ( Before & After):

Before
After

With full make up on



















                                                 I hope this post was interesting and helpful!

What do you think ?

Katie xoxo

14 comments:

  1. Love it Katie! I've been using brow zings since the dawn of time and always get compliments on my brows! The reality is, without it my brows are non-existant!! Lovely post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha same with me! Brow zings is a life saver! Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. really want to try these! i normally draw my eyebrows on with a MAC pencil but i really wanna try one of these kits, they look really good! xoxo
    http://blondie-xo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're great they last longer too, I used to use a pencil but was buying one so often because they'd break and run out etc I've had my browzings set since last April and there's still over half left! Xx

      Delete
  3. You have won the 'versatile blog' award xx

    http://glimmerandglossbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really informative and helpful might have to try one of the eyebrow kits :)


    mittens-discovering.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! They're amazing :) x

      Delete
  5. I always seem to draw my eyebrows on oddly but this has really helped how to do it properly! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Im glad this helped you:) x

      Delete
  6. You look amazing with makeup! It's just the right mix for your face! That is refreshing. Some women these days don’t know where to stop, but you certainly do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thankss so much thats a loevly thing to say. I know what you mean!

      Delete