Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Mini Cosmetics Haul

Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd post a quick review on a few products I bought today, I was in Boots in Wandsworth Shopping Centre and after seeing the review of this No7 Nail polish from 'The Sunday Girl', I just had to go get it! Of course as many women like me do, I didn't just buy one thing!


After looking through the different make-up selections in Boots, I found this colour and loved it. It is by Collection 2000 and costs a measly £2.99! The shade is number 8- 'Sweet Tart', from their 'Lasting Colour' range and is a pretty pink shade with a glossy feel to it. It is easy to apply and leaves the lips feeling moisturised, it has quite a long lasting effect which I am surprised about at such a cheap price but I cannot complain. The colour of the lipstick looks slightly lighter than it actually is in the photo above due to the flash. This lip colour looks really nice with a bronzed face and simple lined eyes for a chic look.

 Now, this lip liner was just a random buy that I threw in my basket but I am actually quite happy with it. The crayon is soft and glides easily and the colour comes out a nice pink (hoping to use this with the new lippy!!). This lip liner is by Natural Collection and was just £1.99! The shade is Ruby Rose. I cant say its amazing as I am yet to try wearing it but its great if you need a pink lip liner on a budget!

I have saved the best till last! I am in love with these polishes already and can't wait to wear them. After seeing this No7 nail polish on 'The Sunday Girl's' blog I just had to get it. The shade is 'Cheeky Chops 240' and is a coral/pink shade, moving more towards the pink in my opinion. The colour comes out really pigmented and 2 coats is more than enough. It would usually cost me £7.00 but I used a £5 off No7 voucher and so it brought it down to £2! Bargain!! This shade will be perfect on holiday and I cannot wait to wear it!
The other polish I bought is a Barry M Limited Edition Nail Paint in  'Silver Glitter'- now I wouldn't wear this alone as its not very pigmented but it would look amazing on top of a normal silver polish or to add shimmer to another nail polish colour.


Hope you liked my post, let me know what you think!

Katie xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I've got the silver glitter polish too. Love it!
    http://lottie-loves-beauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely! Glitter polishes are very on trend at the moment, dont see why we cant bring a bit of Christmas sparkle into the new year!:) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they pink lipsick is SUCH a pretty colour. I've never had a collection 2000 lipstick but I'm going to try some after seeing a couple of blog posts about the beautiful pink ones like this!
    Ant the nail polishes are so pretty as well - can't beat a bit of glitter!

    lovely blog <3

    www.thelipglosslily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thank you! Yeah I was really surprised about the quality of this lipstick for such a low price and its quite a nice colour. The other pinks by them arent as nice but I love this shade! Yeahh I tried the glitter ontop of a silver on my toes and it looks really nice. Will check out your blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first I expected the lippy to be a similar colour to the nail varnish .. Cos they look identical in the photo.. But it swatched surprisingly pretty .. I got a Mac GAGA glam vibe from the way it looks on you. Why do we spend ludicrous money on fancy brand lippys when there are cheap n cheerful brands like these? I also heart that pink varnish, it soo screams holiday .. Would look ideal by a pool in a really hot country *hint hint*.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the lipstick is a lovely shade, I keep wearing it!! I find it hard to find great pink lip shades that I like on me so I'm really happy with this one. Exactly! There are some hidden gems! x

    ReplyDelete