Sunday, 1 January 2012

Happy New Year

Happy New year everyone!
So, this is my first blog post of 2012! Just before Christmas I popped along to Selfridges in London, battling through the crowds of eager Christmas shoppers and avid perfume sprayers. I went over to the Illamasqa Counter to have a make-up lesson with them and whilst there had a smell of their new perfume 'Freak' which I must say smells divine! I had my make-up done by a lovely guy called Ross at the Illamasqua counter and asked for the Kim Kardashian look and so he adorned my eyes with smokey black and gold pigment shadows, defined brows, nude lips and concealed under-eyes!. Unfortunately, I didn’t manage to get a picture of the make-up he had done on me but I did purchase some items and so will swatch and review these for you guys. xoxo


Illamasqua Goodies
 

Illamasqua Powder Eyeshadow in Machine


Illamasqua Concealor in CC215

Firstly, may I saw I absolutely love the whole image of Illamasqua, it is so creative and in my eyes there is no other make-up brand like it. I found the catalogue really interesting in itself with the amazing imagery, design and use of make-up. So onto the products..

Illamasqua Powder Eyeshadow: I bought the eyeshadow in Machine which is a steel-black with a matte-finish. I was really impressed with the pigment of this eyeshadow and thought it was quite reasonable at £15.50 as a little bit goes a long way and it definitely lasts on the eyelid.

Illamasqua Concealer: The shade the MUA 'Ross' picked out for me was CC215, which is just slightly lighter than my natural skin tone but that's how I like it when applying under my eyes. In the photo, it looks quite a lot lighter than it is due to the flash (must remember to turn it off next time!). I like this concealer as it has a creamy texture when applied and isn't too heavy and cakey which can happen with concealers in this form. However, I would recommend using a brush to apply this as I feel it is easier to apply than using your fingers.

Hope you all had a great new year!

Katie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment