Wednesday, 18 January 2012

B.B Creams, Blog Awards and LOOK update

Hi everyone,

 So this isn't like one of my usual posts, I am rolling three different topics into one today.  To being with, I got a blog award!! Which I am really happy about as I havent been blogging for long. I recieved the award from the lovely ladies at TheBeautyGeeks and now will have to pick my 5 top blogs. These are:

   1.Monicas Notebook-I love her blog, great fashion and everday life blog
   2.Trinket Travels-Want to know about travel, then heres your girl!
   3.The Beauty Geeks- great blog about beauty
   4.Vivianna does Make up- Beautiful beauty blog, with great reviews and more!!! Recommend!
   5. Polish and Pearls- Great nail blog!!

So heres your award save the picture and put it on your blog, then pick 5 of your top blog picks and let them know you have chosen them. Make sure you post it on your blog with the award picture!


Next up, I got sent a sample of Garnier's new 'Miracle Skin Perfector B.B cream' in the post today from Boots, which I was pretty chuffed about as I really want to try a B.B cream as I don't wear foundation and love 'You Rebel' which is a tinted moisturised from Benefit. However, my delight sizzled away when I realised they had sent me light, obviously not knowing what colour skin tone I was but still its a bit of a downer!! Buy hey ho, I thought I'd still review it anyway.




My first impression in opening the sample packet was a lovely fruity smell, which is always nice as some products can smell like chemicals which can be off putting so at least your face will smell nice! The texture when applying to my hand is really cream and easy to blend and left my hand looking healthy and brighter! The B.B cream contains vitamin C and mineral pigments and claims to even, cover, illuminate, hydrate and protect with sp15 and I have no doubts that it wouldn't do that. It comes in two shades, light and medium and I definitely think its worth giving a go at only £9.99 and at the moment its on offer with 2 Garnier products for £15! Bargain!


Here are other B.B creams I would like to try:

Estee Lauder Cyber White Brilliant Cells B.B Cream
                         Really want to try this in the medium shade as I have heard good things!!
No7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream
Boots usually have good offers like 3 for 2 or £5 off vouchers for No7 so that may sway me to buy theirs!
There a three different ones, one for Dry/Very Dry skin, Normal/Dry and Oily/Combination. Which I feel is great because some creams can be too greasy for those with combination/oily skin like myself!

I shall let you know when I have bought a B.B Cream and let you guys know how I get on!


And lastly,  just to give you guys an update on my news from LOOK magazine, they're sending me out four coloured liquid liners to review on Friday so watch this space...

Katie xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Congrats for the award!!!
    I just tried Garnier's BB cream and till now i like it very very much!
    I follow u
    http://beautyincrisis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey! Yeah it looks really good, I shall follow you too xx

      Delete
  2. Congrats and THANKS so much for the award pretty girl! :]

    <3 Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Love your blog. I tried the Estee Lauder BB cream the other week but wasn't too impressed by it. Hope it works better for you.

    I've just started my own blog. Pleas check it out :) xx

    Robyn

    http://makeupandme-robyn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you :)... Oh that's a shame! I can't use the Estée lauder one as its too pale for me unfortunately xx

    ReplyDelete